![]() |
| Hermana Clegg, Hermana Ogles and Hermana Blacker |
I Know it is long! Sorry!! There are always just so many truly amazing experiences here!
Well, I have now been in the MTC (CCM) for 2 years, and I am currently at the age of 23! Also, it takes four weeks for letters to get here, so the window for that opportunity is closed, TX is now my address :)
Looking at the emails from family this week, I started to feel homesick a bit...... but then I saw the long list of emails I asked for of missionaries I had been emailing. I suddenly felt so much comfort! I have friends all over the world doing the exact thing I am doing, experiencing the same things, and working just as hard! Let me tell you, it was a good feeling ;)
I think the neatest part about the CCM is watching young, fresh out of high school boys, become Elders. We meet and talk as a district every day and I just love watching them slowly understand their purpose and responsibility as a missionary and to work hard and get less distracted each day about sports, girls, and basically anything else!
I am constantly amazed at them and I understand why the lord has called the weak of the world (including young sisters like me as well as the elders) to preach the gospel, we have no choice but to rely on the Lord! (we need all the help we can get!)
My companion asked two of the Elders to give her a blessing yesterday. It was the first blessing either of them had given. I think they were terrified. Their humility, faith, and trust amazed me...... her blessing was an answer to her prayer. I know priesthood power is real and that these young Elders have that power!
Now what would my letter be without a funny Spanish story.... we were teaching a lesson in Spanish and we were trying to tell our investigator to avoid sin (pecados) but my companion told him to avoid (pescados: fish) I am So proud of our stone faced investigator for keeping a straight face, when I was trying so hard to not smile. Our investigators here are teachers (thank goodness) so I am sure they hear the craziest suggestions from missionaries trying to learn Spanish. I cringe at the lessons I have tried to teach him! haha
I want everyone (Especially David and Family) to watch a Missionary devotional. I watched here at the MTC. It is by Elder Holland, given on Jan. 11, 2011 (I think it is called "Do You Love Me?") (Will you commit to doing this??) It truly changed my perspective on not only my mission but my life. We have decided to follow Christ.... and knowing that He lives...this is a Forever promise. We can’t ever look back. I will check back next week for a follow up report...haha!!
Oh!! I fasted for the first time in my life for 24 hrs on Sunday. I know for most of you this may seem small, but with hypoglycemia I usually feel really sick after a few hrs without food. In a surge of faith, I decided I was going to do it!
I knew God could help me to do it, and my fast to be a good missionary was so important! Toward the end I wasn't with it too much...haha and leading the hymn in sacrament meeting I lost my spot every line and just ended up waving my hand, BUT through the lord I was able to do it!
I would like to let you all know it is still warm in other parts of the world.....haha, I just LOVE sitting out in the sun here....I hope my family is enjoying winter :D
Mom Benji, elder ogles, has gotten me to start craving almond joys...hahaha I don't understand it! but please don't feel the need to send me any, I will buy some first thing in TX :) Also there is an elder in my District who reminds me of Jared Lambert...haha They look similar and he has the same sense of humor and loves basketball!
Speaking of Texas, there are about 5 Elders here going to the TX, Lubbock mission as well, and leaving the same day as me...,, I believe I am the only sister! (what a plane ride that will be)
Well everyone! Congratulations for making it to the end...haha...I try so hard to condense everything! I just don't think I can shake all my business writing classes where it was drilled to make things short and to the point! At lease I can keep my paragraphs under 5 lines.....haha
LOVE YOU ALL! Spend more time in the scriptures and less time with technology! We have been studying what made the ancient prophets such effective teachers and it always boils down to prayer. Make your prayers longer, more sincere, and less repetitive!!!!
Praying for you!
Hermana L. Ogles


I made it through babe :) THe short paragraphs definitely helped and the fact that you are so much fun! and doing a wonderful thing. Love you babe! I'll write you soon! - Amy
ReplyDelete