Wednesday, December 18, 2013




CCM watching the Elder's play Touch Football
This week was full of lots of hard work and learning!!!

We had our first baptism this week! With a young boy named Oliver. The Hispanic culture is so funny. We had the baptism set for 4:30 so my companions and I showed up early to set everything up. Around 5:00 the ward trickled in and at 5:30  Oliver and his family came. The good thing is it happened! 

We are teaching lots of people, and we are trying so hard to get them to come to church or just be awake for our appointments. because ALL of them work on Sundays and midnight shifts at the lecheria.

Highlights of the week:
Visiting a referral from a member and also finding someone we had spent days looking for living there with the referral.

Riding bikes in the rain (It was just great!)

Seeing the pictures of David leaving for the MTC! I am SOO Excited!

Eating lots of Spanish food!

Having my companions point out all the Hispanic things I do (I did not realize how much the Spanish branch had rubbed off on me) Can't think of any examples now, but there are apparently a lot, ha.

Teaching!! I just love teaching everyday!! Everywhere we go we end up in deep conversations with people about what they believe and what they can do to come closer to God! Also teaching by the spirit! I know nothing, but when the spirit is there, we always say just what we need to!

Gathering up investigators Sunday morning by knocking on all the doors.

Sorry didn't have much time to write today. (had to take some surveys and each week we must send a letter to the mission president also)

Love you all! Thanks for all the letters!!!

Hermana Ogles

The wonderful Sisters I lived with at the CCM


No comments:

Post a Comment