My time here has come to an end! Monday I will fly out with a group of
4 Elders to TX, and the adventure will begin!
To answer the question "Am I excited".....Yes of course! But I am also
very aware of the work that is coming and the responsibility I will
have. Daily I understand more the responsibility and gift it is to be
a representative of Jesus Christ.
Today was our last day of class. We were able to have a spiritual
discussion together as a district (our classroom) with our teacher
about the things we gave up to come on a mission and the one thing
that was the greatest hindrance to coming on a mission.
I shared how I had been networking with the people of my dream dream
job and had been invited to meet with them at a time past my mission
date. It was something that made me think seriously about which
direction I should go. It was special to hear how we all had different
challenges that were all huge to us. Whether repentance, family
problems, girlfriends or boyfriends, money etc. Each had their own
difficult trials to wade through to get to their mission. I am so
proud of everyone in my district for all they have accomplished to get
here, what they have done while here, and love them all as family and
they will be my forever family of the CCM.
I fully expected Thanksgiving to be passed over here, BUT they gave us
a special lunch! They brought out the table cloths and we had ham,
turkey, potatoes, and a Mexican "stuffing" that was hamburger and
nuts, along with the best pie I have ever eaten! We had 45 min to eat
as much as possible then got back to work!
While here I have been studying a lot about the Book of Mormon prophets
and everything they did to bring to pass the miracles they had teaching others.
Miracles are something we don't understand, but there are still rules
that apply to receiving miracles!
For example . . . people from the dark ages would consider the
experiment where you put a match in a bottle then place a pealed
boiled egg on top and watch it get sucked in a true Miracle. ONLY
because they wouldn't understand the laws of physics.
Miracles are something we don't understand but are brought to pass
according to the laws of God. When we receive blessings it is upon
obedience to the laws upon which those blessings were predicated. When
we obey the laws of God (commandments) we are blessed with miracles in
our lives.
This is why I see exact obedience so important in life and especially
on the mission where we will need daily miracles to be led to those
God has prepared for us. God is an active participant in all of our
lives and is just waiting to bless us when we obey his laws.
Well, sad to go back to the cold . . . but TX is my home now in rain,
sleet, snow, or shine!
Love you all!
Hermana L. Ogles
No comments:
Post a Comment