Uplifted by Angels
First I would like to ask all of you to pray for my companion sister Laparra and her wonderful family. Her parents were walking to the temple yesterday and a car swerved off the road and hit both of them. Her mom is in intensive care and her dad badly hurt his back. She is handling it so well and through much crying and praying together we all feel ready to work even harder this week. We don't know what will happen, but we have also never felt closer to God and know that his hand is in everything.Sometimes we don't know why things happen but we have such a strong hope and trust in God that through all challenges he is there and does nothing save it be for the benefit of his children. This week will be hard, but we have already felt uplifted by angels and seen the blessings and tender mercies daily. We KNOW this is his work and He is in control of everything.
This week has been so so cold...meaning the zone leaders also decided to have this be the week to challenge each set of missionaries to do 2 hours of contacting each day. (going out and walking and talking to everyone you see) It took a lot of faith for us to write that down in our scheduled along with our 4 hrs of studying. (most people only have 2 hours, but with an hour of language study and an one of training we have 4)
I have never been so tired physically. Well, I feel about the same as I did the last day of study abroad...haha. We will walk and walk and talk to maybe 3 people in the two hours. BUT each day we will go out again and again.
I have never had my testimony strengthened so much about the blessings that come from obedience than I have this week. We have had less time than ever to visit people, but our numbers have never been higher. We did more this week than we ever have.
It is a LIE when people say they do not have time for God. With God we have the time to do anything and everything expedient in Him. You should NEVER say you did not have time to read your scriptures, go to church, or serve someone. Put God first, follow his commandments and everything else will follow in more blessings than you can count.
I KNOW that this church is true and that Jesus Christ is at the head of it.
Each day we recite our mission scripture.
3 Nephi 5:13
Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.
I am grateful to be a disciple of Jesus Christ and know He lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment