Monday, June 16, 2014

Tornado alert!
The work Continues in Hereford

I feel like I have been on my mission my whole life and they just gave me memories of a former life when I came into the MTC...haha

Great news! The sisters who replaced us in Pampa sent me a picture of Betty's baptism! AH! It made me cry, It was hard to leave right before her baptism, but I’m so happy that they were able to finish teaching her and I know it is exactly what she needed. They also let me know that David was able to go to the temple and will be baptizing his best friend soon! Made my week!

This week we had our last Zone training with President Augusti :( They will be leaving sometime next transfer and President and Sister Heap will be coming in! I have learned so much from him in the past months and I will miss them!

As a mission president he has focused on the importance of always facing God and the brethren (prophet and 12 apostles) Often we can face the congregation, our family, friends, job. If everyone is facing God and his leaders and following them miracles will happen and the work will explode! Who do you face?

Also this transfer will be 5 weeks, instead of 6 to line us up with the MTC's schedule. Also Sister Bleyl was sick much of this week as well......so our 12 weeks of training is down to 9 weeks of training....haha. Thank goodness she is amazing!

Additionally....I must Not have recognized God enough in my excitement of "mastering" Spanish, because I am back to the basics. I now truly know that it is only through God  (not even from prior schooling experience) that I have been blessed to learn Spanish on my mission and as I rely on Him more and more each day in the language it is coming back fast :) So often in lessons someone will say something and I know I didn't have ANY idea what they said, but the translation suddenly comes into my head and I know what they are trying to say. I am SO grateful for the gifts of the spirit on my mission, I KNOW I couldn't do this work without the daily guidance from God through the Holy Ghost (tongues, interpretation, discernment etc) 

I loved hearing about my foster sister's first prayer! - shouldn't everyone pray to have a guinea pig that lives forever?? Hearing kids pray for the first time is hands down one of my most favorite things on the mission!

This week we received a media referral the Provo MTC from Javier (he called the number on a pass along card and talked to some missionaries at the Provo MTC) He just decided on an impulse to call the number and is progressing amazingly!

We also are teaching Rudy still. A morning find gave us a fake number that led us to him :)   Daily I can see how God is preparing all of his children and what a blessing to have all of this technology to lead us to these people!

What a blessing to be a modern missionary! Hope you all are using the technology God has given us to spread the gospel!

 
Also... I am SO embarrassed that you got that photo of me with a helmet on in Bed! AHHHH how did that even get around..hahaha I told Sister B not to send it...but she said it was just to her family....and what do you know the whole family sees it! haha the phone has a tornado alert on it (we only got 1 all last week) it was for 5 min (they give us the end time) we aren't worried at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment