Subject: I found God in Jail
First....here are some sayings we hear daily here in Hereford.
- "I found God in Jail" ....everyone here has been in jail at least once it seems, and when people get out they either completely forget about God or really want to dedicate their lives to him.
- "It is my home church" ..... meaning a lot of people "church hop" or move to a new area with new Non-Denomination churches but have their home church they were baptized in.
- " I did my walk with God" .... sadly many people become very religious for a few years or months, but because they do not have all the recourse they need to change and get lazy they fall off again.
- "God willing"..... Ex: Rudy will you come to church Sunday? sure, if God wills it.... he didn't come...bah!
NOW for the miracles of the week :)
1. An appointment had fallen through with someone who NEVER forgets....so we said a prayer of where we needed to be and both looked up and said the same name to each other! Driving to their house...I may have gotten turned around and drove down a wrong street. As we passed a family outside, S. Bleyl gasped and said, they look familiar.....so we turn around and talk to this family that we had never met and they were interested! So... I learned God can tell us to do something when actually it will just put us on the path to see what it is we actually need to do.
2. Sister Blely got better this week! But on Tuesday was still recovering, so we weren't able to leave until late, AND the mission had set a goal for every companionship to find one new person to teach that day.....we had 1 hour....we said a prayer and found a whole apartment of Hispanic workers who wanted to listen! (7 people) YAY
3. A recent convert who is having struggles wanted to talk with us was but was nervous to call....as she was thinking about it we texted her and she found the strength to call!
4. TINA WAS BAPTIZED!! After she had received the gift of the spirit in sacrament meeting she stood up and said pretty loud.....wow!! I feel like I'm on fire! We love her!
This week I have been studying a lot about Christ like attributes. Characteristics like faith, hope, charity, humility, knowledge are the steps we take to become purified. They are gifts of the spirit and endowments of the Holy Ghost. Pray daily that you can develop these Godlike characteristics
No comments:
Post a Comment