| Grace's Baptism |
| Temple Trip to the Whites Sealing |
Looks like I'm staying in Borger till the end, making it a grand total of 8 months here. God has made it very clear in my studies that there is still work that I need to do here, people who need me. I want nothing more, than to leave in 6 weeks, and feel with my whole heart that I accomplished ALL of what God wanted me to do here. I knew I would be staying and I am happy about it. I asked God if I would stay and then opened up to a scripture that says. "Your work is not finished, therefore they burn you not" It is clear that my work here is not done. I really want to know why ME is the one who needs to work in Borger, and Why for so long? I will be here for about 8 months total.
THIS WEEK AMAZING MILE MARKERS WERE REACHED!
*Joey, Kristin, and their two little girls were sealed!! (married for time and ALL eternity) in the Lubbock temple this Sat!! We prayed so hard to find a ride and we did! It was the first sealing I have ever seen and I truly can't express how amazing it was. The sealer was their patriarch and he spoke for 40 min on amazing blessings they have and will receive. The room was filled with all the missionaries who had worked with this family over the past year since their baptism! And the spirit was most definitely there. Kristin asked me to sit next to her in the sealing, I felt so honored to sit there where a mother or sister should be.
*Grace was baptized!!! She is the 8 yr old of a recent convert we have been working with for a LONG time! It was SO neat to see how God prepared her mom so that when this incredible day came, she received so much revelation and a power store of strength to move forward, accept callings, become active and prepare to go to the temple! Graces confirmation talked alot about her future temple marriage! We were all amazed! and all the hard work was and will be worth it!
* We had our first coordination meeting with all the missionaries, Ward mission leader, and ward missionaries. We are slowly starting to get organized!!
*We also had lots of new investigators this week, we found a new family! One new investigator actually called us to come over, another had been on our list to try for 8 weeks (usually if we don't feel impressed to go over after 2-3 weeks we don't) But that address stayed and stayed, and we finally went over, just 1 day after their daughter had moved back in with them. We are now teaching her. The bishop is giving us referrals, and it is all just great.
- we also had a super crazy lesson with another new investigator, While TRYING to teach, the pizza man came, the smoke detector went off, AND she informed us that the towel we had been sitting on the whole time was the towel she had laid the dead puppy that her 3 year old son had drowned. (towel...still not washed...haha)
*We also helped Anita, a 19 yr old girl in the ward finish her mission papers!!!! She is a convert to the church, and I am SOOOO excited to be here for her mission call!!! AH!
I have set many spirit lead goals for this last transfer, And I am so grateful to God for the guidance he has given me on what I must focus on, learn, and make habits in this last time. I know this work is true! I love it, Live it, and share it!
Hermana Ogles
No comments:
Post a Comment