Monday, March 23, 2015

Main events as follows. . . .

****We are teaching the neatest old couple EVER! :D Janie and Doug have grown up around Mormons their whole lives. They have heard and seen tons, and finally at age 60 decided that just based off of all the people they have met, that they want to be baptized! :)

Our Bishop is a family Dr. here and so they scheduled an appt with him and went in and asked for some literature to read.....he sent us instead :) Keep them in your prayers, they are truly amazing and I love them both so much. As we explained how God still speaks with men and guides prophets Doug had to leave the room several times to Go blow his noes, he was crying so much. They are golden :)

****I Got to go to Pampa again on Exchanges. Spent a whole hour talking with Kristi again! We were helping her with her genealogy! Boy that looks fun, I think I found a hobby post mission!

****Also in Pampa we stopped by to talk with a young 18 year old boy, Anthony. I had started teaching almost a year ago right after his mother had passed away. He had stopped meeting with missionaries soon after I left, and the sisters Now in Pampa were trying to teach him again. It was heartbreaking to see how much someone can change in a year when they reject God and believe Satan's Lies that they are unchangeable and unsavable.

****This week we have biked alot! About 3pm one day I was SOOO hungry, but we still had another 3 hrs till dinner.....I said a heartfelt prayer that the next person we visited would feed me! Prayer = Answered!

I got the best homemade tortillas and beans of my life (and I have tried ALOT). Too bad Mexicans don't use recipes, they just throw it all together. I need her to show me how to make them!

****We are teaching a man named Jimmy who just loves the missionaries. During one lesson this week as we read the scriptures with him, he just Jumped up and shouted, "MAN, I'm actually enjoying this lesson!" He ran over and gave us both a huge bear hug....haha (he loves every lesson, and tells us 10-20x, but that one really hit home we guess)

****The 2nd councilor in the Mission Presidency came and visited our congregation this Sunday. I learned SO much from him. Afterward he met with us and gave me some after mission advice....don't grow a beard...haha (guess he has only talked to elders, and just went blank trying to advise a sister...haha)

LOVE you all! I know this work is true, I know God lives, I know Jesus is the Christ, the savior and redeemer of the world. He lives. He still guides his church, and his spirit is proof to that statement.

Don't forget to pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment