Monday, February 24, 2014

Done With Training :)
 

Last night (around 1 am) We had our transfer calls..........Sister Gonzalez and I will be staying in Portales, New Mexico for another 6 weeks! and Sister Laparra is going down south to the Mexico border. I will miss her for sure, she has become one of my best friends (Her mom is thankfully doing much better, and this week she was able to move her arms and legs, she is out of danger now and they are looking forward to a wonderful recovery!)

It is incredible to look back over the past 12 weeks at everything I have learned...then look forward at everything else I need to learn..haha. And Let me tell you how grateful I am to still be with a native speaker! I will be the designated driver, lets all pray that skill comes back fast after 18 weeks...thank goodness we are in a small town!

We are teaching lots of people, but the trick is getting them to progress. The requirements for a progressing investigator is 1. a baptism date 2. attending church 3. a good friend in the church 4. Reading scriptures at least 4 times a week.  We have faith they can all get there, but it is going to take lots of work to create that change and make it a habit.

We are excited to see what the next 6 weeks bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment