I LOVE tortillas :)
Familia! La vida de una misionera es algo increible!
This week it was strange to only have two of us in the apartment....haha there were some changes we needed to get used to. For example Sister Gonzalez was always in charge of grabbing the phone, I would lock the door, and Sister Laparra would grab the car keys because she was the driver. Well this week...Sister Gonzalez grabbed the phone and I locked us out...haha
Thank goodness our windows are super old and we were able to get the window up a few inches.....What a blessing to be on the small side....haha I only wish I could have seen our neighbors faces watching me wiggle through a cracked window in a skirt....oh boy.....
This Sunday we woke up to hail (fairly small) but still hurt....glad sister Gonzalez had to back me out of our car port. :D
We got to church and they decided to cancel the last 2 meetings and just have sacrament meeting with the few that came. Even with the hail we had 3 investigators show up!! (they are all in the same part member family)
Dona who we have been teaching since Jan. (age 10, wants to be baptized, but her mom won't allow it, and almost done with the Book of Mormon!) She wanted to go up and share her testimony, but wanted someone to go up with her, so I went up and stood next to her and whispered things she could say. AH! It made me so happy and was SUCH a miracle considering 2 months ago she believed God didn't answer prayers!
This week we have been working on being more bold. Everyone is open to listening to "The Word" but we have been working on finding the people that are willing to listen AND act on it. Portales is Tiny, but there are about 50 churches here, (Baptist, First Baptist, First Spanish Baptist, Imanuel's, Saint Hellens, Trinity, Methodist, 7th day evangelist, Jehovah Witness, Victory Life, etc.) It is so interesting to hear the WIDE variety of believes that people can have in such a small town.
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment