Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hereford, TX -  Beef Capital of the World!

What a crazy week! I picked Hermana Bleyl, from Ceder Hills, UT, up from the transfer bus Tuesday, fresh from the CCM (MTC)! After the craziest transfer exchange ever, trying to figure out the rental cars and such we were on our way to Hereford. . . the Beef Capital of the World! She took it all like a star and I know she is going to be a great missionary!

Now to claim such an impressive name, there must be some downfalls right? YES!! Yes there is, it smells like cattle morning, noon, and night! They say you get used to it, but we will see......

Fortunately it started raining the day we got here and it hasn't stopped! This area hasn't gotten any rain for almost a year! The branch members seriously believe it is raining because we came! They even brought it up in sacrament meeting...haha

We are whitewashing the area (pink washing as sisters!) meaning all former missionaries leave and new ones are sent in. We are the FIRST sisters ever in Hereford and the branch is going a little crazy...haha  We are doing our best to use all this new excitement to really improve this area and the branch's missionary work!

Now, I know I mentioned the great cars I drove in my last area......so I think it is hilarious to that I am now driving the oldest car in the world. When I hit 75 it starts beeping and flashes the sign..."Approaching Maximum speed!!" haha we love it and call it our "time machine"

Training is truly a whole new ball game and I am learning so much! and YES my Spanish is improving TONS because she doesn't speak the language yet. BUT it is amazing to see how my understanding is almost perfect now! I truly have a testimony of the gift of tongues and interpretation!

Also this week.....I got the car stuck again....I just don't know how I do it! This time it was in all the mud from the rain. (We even had a member with us...so embarrassing!) We did all we could...pushing....putting rocks under the tires, but nada! Thankfully right then a man showed up with all the needed tools to pull us out! So....we of course shared the gospel with him and set up a time to come back later! So I guess it was supposed to happen so we could talk to him! Kindof like how my brakes go crazy on by bike and stick, making it 100x harder to pedal, randomly so we dont go too fast and miss someone walking out of their house or pulling up in a car...love it and hate it...haha

Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment