Monday, November 24, 2014

I think she means that the Woman has Alzheimer's :)
I also wonder if she meant that the churches website will be available on Nov. 28th

Subject: Time Warp

This week has been the fastest of my mission I think. Each day I would blink and we would be getting ready for bed. How does that happen?!

We did a LOT of service, painting, and all sorts of random stuff, I wish I could serve 2 missions, one teaching, and one just serving all the time! We helped one older women who has altimeters search for a cat she swears is living in her tiny 1 bedroom apartment.....no cat

We've started teaching an older man named Robert who's dear wife passed away about 2 years ago. The story of how we started teaching him is kind of scary, but also shows me that there are people doing missionary work along side us that we can't always see.

We met Robert about 3 months ago. He didn't like us, didn't want to talk, but did want to know if there was life after death. We testified that there IS Life after death and God has a plan for all of his Children. We often saw him over the space of 3 months and would wave, and slowly talked more and more. This week he told us to come over because he had a question. We got there and he explained that last night he got a call (no one was on the other line) and when looking at his caller ID the caller's name was his wife, and the number was his home phone.....yup....

We were able to talk to him about what happens to spirits after death, how they are also learning, we talked about temples and the priesthood, and God's plan for the Family. Each day on the mission is just an adventure. We get home and just look and each other and say "What happened today!?"

We had an AMAZING Zone conference this week! Sister Langston and I were so excited to do missionary work afterward we just wanted to run around the block and High-five everyone we saw.

You will hopefully all learn more soon...but the Church will be doing one of the Largest Christmas advertising campaigns Ever this year centered around our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ!

The website will be available Dec. 28th. Check out the christmas.mormon.org <http://christmas.mormon.org>  website anytime after the 28th! Also make sure to look at the Youtube front page on Dec. 7th!

We are teaching alot of investigators and Less Active members, and many are struggling to move forward. Beware of Laziness! I'm a bit tired of listening to people tell us just how lazy they are, how they know they are listening to Satan, how they know they need to get up off the couch, clean, go to church, read the scriptures, ACT...But they just DON'T!

All of Christ's Invitations where action verbs. Walk with me, Come follow me, Do as I Do, Feed my sheep!

I love Christ more and more each day and my relationship with him strengthens through prayer, scripture study and service. I know the church is So true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment