| With Hermana Langston (sorry...Lydis'a technically challenged mom can't figure out how to rotate this photo) |
| Spanish Sister Missionaries at the Mission conference in Lubbock, TX |
Subject: We are staying!
The transfer text came and we will be staying in Borger for another 6 weeks!
This week we were so busy, and I'm not even sure this week happened. Wasn't I just at the computer writing home 30 sec. ago??
We had a HUGE congregation party on Wed. in celebration of fall and Halloween. The gym was so full and we didn't even get a chance to eat we were so busy meeting and helping everyone. We were assigned to be the judges to taste all the chilli...spicy and spicier...ugh The elders kindly took our place!
This week we also drove to Lubbock (3 hours away), for a mission conference with Elder Pino. I took one for the team and took the back middle car seat both ways...haha (sadly it was just 1/2 our mission, we are too big to meet all together) Elder and Sister Pino are from South America and spoke to us for hours in Spanish with one of the elders translating! It was a huge confidence boost in my Spanish to see that I understood all he said!
In Lubbock we stayed with 2 sisters there. One who is from the same town as Aunt Pam and Uncle Lynn! So sister Clark says Hello!
There are now 12 Spanish sisters in the mission (the photo below is of all those who were at this conference!)
We continue to see miracles each day and just funny/weird things:
-Sister Langston and I had said a prayer to know where we should go walking for a hour to meet/talk with people. We both thought of the same street .00004% chance aka the SPIRIT!! :) As we walked one of our investigators stopped us in his truck to say he couldn't meet that day. Sister Langston wished out loud later that more people would just stop and talk to us in their cars. 1 min later another Hispanic man stopped us and introduced himself and gave us his address to come by and meet. We just love it!
-I was told this week that I looked like someones Hispanic grandma....I know I am wearing a skirt, but really? haha
- We also went walking in a small town near Borger, called Little Mexico. We got out of the car and were suddenly surrounded by the wild pack of dogs out there. We quickly got back in the car...we probably won't walk around much up there anymore.
-We are teaching a young boy, 9, who is preparing for baptism. We showed him a picture of Ammon, from the Book of Mormon, and his first reaction was "his muscles poke out so much! If that were me I would need a longer neck!"
Love you all and so glad all is well, Keep going strong family and working cheerfully through the good and the bad!
Love
Hermana L. Ogles
No comments:
Post a Comment