Monday, December 15, 2014


Staying in Good ol' Borger

We got our "transfer text" and we will be staying in Borger. Sister Langston and I going strong for our 4th transfer and Christmas together!

We were so blessed this week in lessons, new investigators, and lessons with members. I think God knew I have been struggling a bit to a whole lot in this area and just opened up the windows of heaven.

Often when we hear the phase "the windows of heaven" we can imagine this giant trap door in the sky opening up and just raining down the blessings. Another way to picture it...a way I am beginning to LOVE is a huge window just POURING out light onto our path and into our mind. When God opens up the windows of heaven he increases our ability to see our situation in life and better know what to do to fix it and move forward.

For our Mission Christmas party next week they will be having a talent show and we were asked what talents we had, so I told our district leader that I could fiddle! Then... the game of telephone began and by the time it got to the top, it was written down that I am a good sizzler....haha ugh I have no idea how I am going to pull that one off....Sister Langston and I had a good time acting out what I would do in front of everyone for my talent of sizzling....

We did the funnest service project ever this week! We stopped by a less active's home and upon entering saw the front room covered in wrapping paper presents bows and a very overwhelmed lady! We quickly sent her off and sat in the floor and wrapped presents for an hour. It just felt good :)

This week we approached a man and just started talking about Christmas and God and Christ and he stopped us and said, I don't believe in God. It just floored us. I can't remember the last time we talked with someone here in TX who doesn't believe in God. We had to think for a moment because we haven't talked to an atheist ever. After talking with that man, we have met so many people this week who have decided not to believe in God. BUT we have met so many who are also deciding to change their lives around for God. The world is slowly being divided.

We are walking ALOT lately. I'm not quite sure if my shoes are really shoes anymore,
We also got to go to the temple this week to do baptisms with some recent converts!

We are teaching a lady who is dead set on making us 100% Hispanic. She invites us over so much to learn how to cook and today we finally went over and learned how to make tortillas. They tasted good, but not a single one was in the shape of a circle..haha poco a poco

Love you all! Merry Chirstmas!
At the Lubbock, Texas Temple

......................................................................................................................
Our mission president sent us this, and thought ya’ll would enjoy it:

The following was written by Steven Levy and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.

"My confession:  I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from, that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat...  
“Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship celebrities and we aren't allowed to worship God as we understand Him? I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where these celebrities came from and where the America we knew went to.

“In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.
“In light of recent events... terrorists attack, school shootings, etc.. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found a few years ago) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school... The Bible says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

“Then Dr. Steven Benjamin Spock (a child psychologist) said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave, because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about.  And we said okay.

“Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

“Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with ‘WE REAP WHAT WE SOW.'

“Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Funny how you can send ''jokes'' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace."

No comments:

Post a Comment