Thursday, January 1, 2015

We had our Mission Christmas party yesterday, so we are writing today! It was fun to get together with 1/2 the mission to reconnect with all old friends and hear about old areas. AND I just love President Heap and his wife!  But I sure don't enjoy that 3 hr car ride one way sitting in the back middle...

I was surprised that I knew just about many people as I did last Christmas...(hardly any). There are so many new people! All the Spanish sisters were able to sit at a table together. A year ago Sister Gonzalez and I were the first, now there are 11 of us!

We had a giant talent show! Sister Heap did her best to find me a violin, but I am grateful she didn't. I think it would have been too hard to realize how much I have forgotten over the past year.

There is a sweet older man in the congregation here who's health failed this week and is now being taken care by hospice. We had the unique opportunity to talk with him about life after death and what would happen when he passes away. It is incredible how the gospel bring so much comfort. We just sat there with him and his wife and talked and laughed and cried about death and the beautiful plan that God has for each of us.

I really wish I had more to write about! Life is just the same :) Teaching, walking, praying, knocking, praying, learning, teaching, fasting, praying, preparing, studying, praying. :)

Remember this Christmas that there is a difference between knowing about Christ and truly knowing HIM. We all can know about Christ, read the Bible 60 times, but we need to come to know Him.

Each day of our lives we relive the Christmas story. He knocks on our lives and we can make room for him or tell him to move on as those in the Inns. We see the signs of his life, death, and resurrection, as others saw the star, and we can follow as the wise men or stay inside. We are advised by prophets of Glorious great news as the Shepard were. We wait to see the eternal end results of so much pain and suffering for years and years, just as Marry, the mother of God waited and endured till seeing her resurrected son.

Remember that each day we are asked to Follow the star.....a Sun...or in other Words THE SON. Christ Lives! I know it. I love Him and this Christmas season and how in many small ways people choose to turn to him, and open up their hearts.

MERRY CHIRSTMAS :)

No comments:

Post a Comment