| Christmas in Borger, TX with SIster Langston |
| Christmas day |
A full year as a misionary!
It was so good to talk with family! I can't believe how tall Clayton is! Everyone looks So good :)
This week truly flew by! We didn't have a whole lot of time to work so the hours we did have were so busy. Thanks for all the presents , food, and candy family and friends it is so appreciated!!! We would read the scriptures and sing a song in between opening each present. It turned Christmas morning into a really spiritual experience. Then after a month of work and memorizing I did my best to recite the living Christ from memory as my Christmas gift to Christ. It wasn't quite perfect, but I'll get there before the end of the year!
Christmas morning I woke up sick and have stayed about the same since then.It is torture looking at all the good stuff to eat, but not being able to because of my sore throat. This has always been hands down the greatest challenge of my mission to know where the line is between working and resting when sick. We usually just end up working!
It is super cold here.....our zone had set a goal of people to talk with Christmas week and Sunday came and we needed to talk to 6 more people. We wanted to reach it so badly so we walked around from 6:30 to 8 in the cold and only talked with a few.
Probably not the best idea because I woke up even sicker...
I am pretty tired, We called the doctor and hopefully I will get in today. The waiting list is SOO long, but the bishop is the doctor so what a perk of being a missionary. He usually lets us right in.
I've never realized how much you talk as a missionary until I got the worst sore throat in the world. Sister Langston says it because my throats keeps catching it sounds like I am always about to cry....haha people really have been nice to us because it sounds like I am crying every time I talk about God, even when I am completely fine!
Borger continues to just be the same! The town seems to been on a Revelations kick and at the end of the year everyone is talking about the end of the world, the rapture, disease, etc. I have never heard so many different theories about the second coming than I have the past week. We even had one man tell us this week exactly how Borger would be destroyed and how we needed to run. It is so interesting to me because it is something I really haven't ever thought about, in the church we are taught if we are prepared we shall not fear, and that is really the end of it. Prepare and don't worry.
Love you all!
Set new years resolutions to pray read church and temple!
No comments:
Post a Comment