Monday, January 12, 2015

Church billboards are a huge thing in Borger, they seem to compete against each other. The best one I saw this week was "God answers Knee Mail" others have been "Take a stroll with your soul on your knees, prayer can change things" and "the small things show what matter most" etc.

Also, this may be a Country wide thing...but gas prices here are $1.80!! We just can't believe it! We may just start cursing up and down main street again!


Side note (from Mom): I think she means “cruising”... But who knows? hahaha 
.....we can only imagine! 

We know it is almost Feb. as we were both given a box of chocolates by a neighbor and proposed to this week! The man didn't care which one of us accepted, just as long as one of us would...haha

We had interview with president this week and are preparing to meet with Elder Bednar this coming week in Lubbock. The first time the whole mission has ever been gathered into one location!

Lots of miracles this week. Sister Langston and I have become very careful of what we say after the words "I wish..." and especially what we pray for, because IT HAPPENS! The Scriptures are FILLED with verses teaching to ask with the spirit (heart and mind in line with God's will) and it will be given us!

*We had had 2 lessons, and a meal appointment cancel all within 30 seconds of each other one afternoon and we suddenly had a free day. On an empty stomach it felt like the world had just ended, we were in a different town and too far away to go home and eat so we said a prayer and visited a back up plan. They immediately invited us in, we taught a lesson while others made us a HUGE lunch. We didn't tell them anything that had happened, but God truly blessed us :)

*We have had next to no people attend church in the 6 months we have been in Borger, but this week, along with the Elders investigators (people we are teaching), we had a total of 15 at church!!!! I have no idea what we did different, but the windows of heaven have opened! The congregation was so ecstatic to have so many people there our amazing Gospel Principles teacher forgot the name of his wife as he was introducing her...haha And our relief society president shouted at the top of her lungs at the end of relief society, WELCOME, WELCOME all to the Borger Ward (congregation)! It was just precious!

*MaryAne is a sweet older lady with a Church of Christ background that we are teaching. She asked us to please call her mini (what her 1 grandchild calls her) She begged permission to be our grandmother while we were away from home. It made me cry! I Truly have missed my Grandmas!

*Jennifer & Saul and there children Kaden, Kaylie, Kenzie, and Karter (took me a year to get their names down) are our family progressing toward baptism! They are SO amazing and we just love teaching all the kids!

While in the Missionary Training Center in Mexico, i remember writing home about the Garden of Eden effect. How just when life gets comfy, God kicks us forward to learn some more. Well the mission truly has become the Garden of Eden to me. That's how I know time is getting shorter, but still so much to learn!

I also finished reading the Bible Dictionary this week..haha I've been reading a bit during meal times, and it just kept going...I feel like a missionary nerd, and recommend it to everyone! I learned so much!

Have a good week, and look for someone to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment