Monday, January 19, 2015

Tex Mex Spanish is All I know

This week was truly life changing. I wish I had to words to convey ALL I have learned this week, I will do my best! 

Before getting to the best part of the week I will cover the other great parts first :)
We are teaching An AMAZING family! Jennifer & Saul, and their 4 children. They all came to church this week even though there were endless trials stopping them. They woke up Sunday, started a fast to keep the word of wisdom, listen to church music, and got to church on time! A Miracle! Saul hasn't been to a church since he was 8 and he just loved it! 

The highlight was of course meeting with Elder Bednar, Elder Maynes, Elder Villarreal, and Bishop Davies, President and sister Heap and the whole mission in one area (260 of us)! They did not give talks, but Elder Bednar showed us what the scripture in D&C 88:122 means 

"Appoint among yourselves a teacher, and let not all be spokesmen at once; but let one speak at a time and let all listen unto his sayings, that when all have spoken that all may be edified of all, and that every man may have an equal privilege." 

He also VERY powerfully showed us the patterns in the spirit; Learning and teaching by the spirit. And how to learn ALL the doctrine of the kingdom through the guidance of the spirit.

Elder Bednar did not give a talk, But we conversed with him for 3 hours and with the other general authorities. He would ask questions, we would ask questions. He would share and we would share, he would teach us how the spirit was working, moving, instructing. Enabling us to find patterns. He would gave us enough to think about for years. 
The spirit was there. We felt it, saw it, and knew with out a doubt that it is real and the only teacher.

I know the church is true. I know the Spirit is real. I know God Lives. Christ is our savior. We so often live FAR below our potential.

If you would like to know how to be truly Converted to Christ and his gospel, I invite you to DAILY learn by the spirit. Read the Book of Mormon with the question of WHO IS Christ?, finish, write a 1 page summary, and do it again. Elder Bednar has hundreds of Books of Mormon with 1 page summaries to the question of WHO Christ is.

Love you all so much! Hope all is well!




No comments:

Post a Comment