Monday, February 2, 2015

Subject: Should I transfer my Records to Borger?

The new adjustment this week was hard, I really missed sister Langston, but I think Sister Peck and I are finally all settled in and teaching in unity, happy, healthy, and working hard. She is from San Diego CA, been out just for a few months, minored in spanish, went to BYU for a year, and wants to get into the business college. We have a lot in common

Sister Peck is just great! I have been just too blessed with amazing companions. She is very fluent in Spanish AND she speaks the language very pure. All correct grammar and no slang. I have hit the jackpot for learning Spanish!!! I told God that I will always do what he wants and go where he likes, but I sure would like to learn Spanish better before the end. He answered my prayer and sent me sister Peck. Now I just need to speak spanish with her more...

We continue to teach Jennifer, Saul, Kaden, Kenzie, Kalie, and Karter. We had an incredible lesson where 3 members came and we had a mini testimony meeting. Jennifer and Saul have both received a powerful testimony of the truth of the gospel and are excited for their baptism on the 14th of Feb. They all came to church and just fit in so well! The holdback will be quitting drinking. Keep them in your prayers, we know they can do it, but they need a lot of help too!

The challenge this week is to not think I already know everyone here. We walk around and see all the people outside and I recognize each one, and have already spoken several times with them. We are feeling the need to get creative in finding new people to teach.

One goal for this transfer is to improve my memory. I was going to memorize a scripture a day...but my memory is nowhere near good enough for that, so I settled with memorizing one scripture reference a day.

Love you all! I invite you all to Study the scriptures daily, attend the temple, pray from your soul, and always remember your baptismal covenants. Make the sacrament the CENTER of your week. Each Sunday you can feel if you are waking on clouds, free and clean again, what a blessing! These things I KNOW to be true. God commanded us to do them for our happiness. If we do them, we WILL be happy and at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment